Sunday, August 25, 2013

wedding DIY

I was looking at some chic ring pillows and flower baskets on Etsy. Guess what? A simple looking ring pillow can easily cost RM70. Everything about wedding is seriously expensive. I gave up finding for an affordable one and decided to DIY instead. 

Here's what I DIY-ed. Ang pow box with silk garden roses and hydrangeas; ji mui wrist corsages with foam roses; ring pillow with silk garden roses; flower basket with silk flower, rose pom poms and hair wreaths for the flower girls. I wanted all ivory but a close friend reminded me some elders are rather "pantang" with all white wedding and white flowers on the hair. Hence, the wreaths and corsages are in pale pink. The rose pom poms were recycled from a friend's wedding. I added the fuchsia bow so that it doesn't look too "white" and gives a pop of colour. 


Ang pow box and rose pom pom


Ring pillow and flower girl's basket
 


Love shaped basket base
Flower girls' hair wreaths


Wrist corsages for Ji Muis 



P/S: The ang pow box, ring pillow and flower basket are for sale after 3rd Nov 2013. Should you be interested, do let me know. 

xoxo, 
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment