Sunday, March 24, 2013

Love is....

Love has been given many definitions,
It has gone through some tough times,
Love has been misunderstood,
It has been misused, mistreated, misinterpreted.

Now, Love shouldn't be different in the eyes of different,
It shan't be for one A and for another B,
Love was, Love is, and Love always will be,
One and only, 
One definition to define truth, reality, actuality.

Therefore, without further ado,
Love is, Jesus,
Jesus is, Love,
To characterize Jesus is to characterize Love,
To give Love characteristics if to give Jesus them.

Now loves attributes are wonderful, 
Never once does it says it hurts, 
Never once does it says it fades,
Never does it says it is selfish,
Never, Never, Never,
Does it says it disappoints, breaks hearts, beats you down.

And well, that's my Jesus,
He lifts me up,
Cheers me up,
Never wavers in His love for me,
Fulfill my expectations of good towards me,
That's my Jesus.

Today I repent of my thoughts on Love,
Today I let Love be Jesus,
Today I let Jesus be Love,
My Jesus, My Love.

To fully love someone is to see fully who the person was, 
Who the person is,
And who the person will become,
Yet still portraying all the characteristics of love towards that said person,
That My Jesus did for me,
I love you Jesus, because,
Just because, 
You first loved me.

Happy Easter
Jer Wei

References : 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8, 1 John 4: 7-11, Romans 5: 6-11

Leave a comment and tell me what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment