Thursday, May 23, 2013

Taking some time to reflect

Lately I have been hit with 'giving the glory to Jesus' bug, I was force to look at my life critically and been made to wonder if I have put Him in the center of my life, whether my life gives him glory and honor, whether I have been faithful to the calling He has for me.

I am faced with some challenging situations which I have handled terribly, lost my cool, been hit with some failures and weaknesses. I see the state that I am in for real. Man, it is an eye opener.
I realized that there are plenty of things that I wish were done differently, that I hoped was not so, I realized that I am a back biter, a broken record, a empty gong. I talk the talk, but not walk the talk, it dawned on me that I am but struggling to cope, trying to get ahead. I am all stressed out, time is insufficient, I need more of it, both quality and quantity.

I want to give Him the glory, I want the light in me to shine, I want the salt in me to affect, I want His hand to work through mine, I want people to see Christ in me. I want to be able to boldly say, it is not I, but Christ in me, the hope of glory. I find myself short, coming short and not hitting the mark. I am the worst of the saints that share in His inheritance, I need improvement. I need His grace to lead me through. 

I relearned a few things these past days, days that I have been hustling and bustling. It's been a heck of a week, and somehow, somewhere I got lost in it. So yeah, there are both positives and negatives in it. 

So here it is, some positives,

I have learnt that giving Him the glory is as easy as it is, it is doing something and knowing in your heart that it was not by your own might, but by His that is sure and strong and then saying with conviction that it is the Lord's doing. It is not taking credit for yourself and genuinely be humble about it.

Secondly, it is doing my job as if doing it unto The Lord, as if doing it unto Jesus, which well, didn't work out so well. It is here that I saw my reluctance in putting my 100% into my work, that my spirit though willing, my flesh was not. That will need some working on. I wish one day I would be able to say, I have labored to my best extend unto The Lord. 

A few other things, some learning curve here and there, truly these are some revelatory days.

Last but not least, now this gets interesting, I am called to love my wife, this little miss Carmen Ng (co-owner of this blog) as how The Lord loves His church. Now that's deep. How does Jesus loves His church? Well, He so loves His church, that He died for it. He so loves His Church that He cleansed it and sees no spot in it. He so loves His church that He blesses it daily....and that is just the tip of the ice berg of how He loves His Church. I am called to love my wife, oh so self sacrificially. Now that, my friend, is as deep as it can get. 

A snippet of our love affair,
I love You Jesus,
And love you too Carmen dear,
A grace believer,
Sincerely,
Jer Wei

PS : I say this knowing that there is nothing I can do to add to the goodness of God in my life, that it is not for the sake of pleasing Him more, for Christ and Christ alone has made me pleasing enough in His eyes, He always sees the best in me. He always sees Christ in me, I am forever protected by His blood, forever pleasing to Him, He loves me with an everlasting love. I write this piece knowing all this. My work is not to add to the works of God, it is to give glory to His name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment