Saturday, May 25, 2013

Priorities

I want to try out a new routine in life. One that involves lesser sleep and more of productive time. I find that, now more than often, that sleep is a super luxury and that not everyone can afford it, that sleep sometimes can be too time consuming and unproductive. Sleep is definitely a blessing in disguise that so much so, we take it for granted. Do we really sleep when we sleep?i realized that sometimes as we go to bed, there would be so much unfinished business, so many more things to do, and most of the times it happens when my time is spent doing things less of an importance, doing things that does not benefit or impact society, so much time had been spent playing games, reading magazines, news, etc. that there is hardly time for more important and necessary things.


Time flies, and once gone, forever it does not come back. A second lost is forever lost, never to be found again and never to return. That's how fleeting time is, and nowadays, time is of the essence. It is a competitive world out there, a very demanding and strenuous environment, there is so little time and so much to do, this is the condition of our world today.


Nonetheless, there are times when work is all you do but there seems to be no fulfillment, no spark, no satisfaction. That also is time unwell spent. Surely there must be meaning in doing something, a purpose of some sorts, a goal to achieve, rewards to earn, some aspirations, certain ambitions to accomplish. It shouldn't be all work and seriousness. That would make life unbearable and unmeaningful, that sucks the life out of life itself.


But 'time' is for doing our work, our job, is it not? A minute lost not doing what we are 'suppose' to do in the name of our 'job' is a minute lost never to be seen again, is it not? 


I suggest a truce, a balance, there should be time for fun and games, a time to be serious not forgetting how to enjoy in those times, there should be smiles while working, there should be genuine contentment. All these should be part and parcel of this thing we call, our lives.


Firstly, priorities, priorities, priorities. We must make things that are number one number one, there is no two ways about it. Here, I would suggest that we put the people as number one. Mine would be Beloved Jesus, Lord and Saviour, King of kings, Supreme Being, my number One, He must be preeminent in my life, and I highly recommend Him to anyone who is willing to give Him a so called chance, try Him out, He is the only one that has the highest esteem of you, that has the utmost love and respect for you. Yes, He will be my number one priority, there can be no competition, no rival, He must reign supreme. This would mean that, whatever I do, He must be taken into consideration, I must put Him above all things else. Whether I eat, or drink, or work, or play, I must do it for His glory. Number one.


Two, that would be my lovely wife, you all know her well enough by now, she features in most of my writings. This is her place in my life, always my number two, it serves her best to be in this position, for she needs a man that knows God is the center of our lives, us living for each other only would be short changing what Jesus has in stored for us. We are created for better things darling! So yes, she is my number two, my only number two. Remember that I am called to love her as how Christ loves the church, as if I am Jesus and she the Church. Wow! I am still trying to get my head around that.


Following closely would be my immediate family, yup, that's about right. I would expound further, but this is not the time to say much yet. Then surely, friends, now here I have plenty of room for improvements. I find that I seldom have much time for friends, although we know we are friends and I hope you say, 'he's talking about me' there. I wish that I could have more time to just fellowship. 


Now comes my ministry to Jesus, but wait a second, isn't that my number one priority? Okay, let us be clear of one thing, ministry to Jesus would mean my work, yes, being a doctor is my ministry, yes it's not in the church walls, nonetheless, this is my ministry to Jesus. Not only that, the time I use to write this blog, this is also my ministry, for I hope to inspire my readers, and plant a seed in them, hoping to see it one day grow into a tree of life, hoping that one day Jesus would reign in your heart. My ministry also includes teaching, learning, studying. But having said all this, it is all done for the glory of the One who lives in me. 


Where the heck is fun and games then? Well, dear readers, fun and games, laughters and smiles, these are all intertwined into my priorities is it not? Knowing that I have a Saviour that loves me with an everlasting love, that's a smile there, knowing that I have a partner to go through life with me, that's laughter. Having ministry, isn't there fun and games. Now that is what I would call a balanced life. A life that is enjoyable and beautiful. Time is just there to facilitate the motions in life.


Now to answer my first question, I hope we are still there, do we really sleep when we sleep? Well, by now, I think it is safe to say, sleep would not be sleep if our priorities in life becomes cluttered, cause if so, no amont of sleep will do you good, but if our priorities are set right, then I guess, at times, little sleep, by that I mean quality sleep, would be oh so much more beneficial. 


You want to really sleep when you lay down your head to rest? Get your priorities right.


Snippets of our love affair,

Jer Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment