Thursday, January 17, 2013

Purpose to spend time with Daddy.

Acts 11:23 ....exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord.

Lately, I have been faced with this awareness of spending my time with the Lord, spending time with majestic Daddy, just resting in Him and getting into His word, listening and hearing the words of life. The bible, His inspired word.

I noticed that the more I spend my time with Him, the more I change, my thoughts, my mindset, my drive, my purpose, my will and wants, it's as if I am being reseted into His image, truly His words are life and magical, how it manages to offset the change I do not understand nor comprehend, all I know now is this, that I am truly being transformed into the image of the Son He loves. And I feel all this is effortlessly.
Nay, not that I am saying I am perfect and trying to boast here about myself. But don't misunderstand, I am boasting! Just not in myself, but in His transforming power, I am boasting! In my heavenly Daddy.

I also see that, the more I purpose to spend time with Jesus Christ, I realize that I need Him more and more, that I am not self sufficient at all, that I am utterly hopeless without Him, utterly useless without this lovely lovely lovely person, my Christ. I am but a babe, clinging onto my Daddy, cleaving unto Him as my life and my success depends on it. Really, I feel so utterly useless, and then I realize, it's none of me, all of Him.

It is truly in Him that you find sufficiency, that you find strength and wisdom, He truly is all in all, He is the beloved, and because of Him, I am also accepted in the Beloved. I find that now I have the strength to let go of grudges, I find that my foul mouth has restraint, I find that my heart is more at peace.

Last but not least, I noticed that I am more calm, that I am cooler, and most of all, I realize that I need and want to be a friend to people, that I am suddenly more lovely, and that I love my family more, miss them more, ahh....and then there is this lovely lady that I am going to marry the end of this year, God, I love her so, more and more, drawing from His infinite love, so that I have to give to her.

Boasting in the work the Lord Jesus Christ had done through His word,
Jer Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment