Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Now, that's as easy as ABC.

There are a few things me as a man abhor to be,
Few things I hate to see me be,
Few things that a man must not have.


An unforgiving heart, 
A discontented one,
An unromantic man,
A difficult man,
An impatient man,
A slacky man,
An ungodly man,
A man that has no honor.


Few of those characteristics I mustn't have,
And surely I shan't have them,
Come high or low,
Come narrow or wide,
As far as the east to the west,
If I see myself being one of those,
A quick change I'll do,
A fast repentance I shall make.

So what gives? 


Well, it's been some time since I last wrote a poem,
I have my excuses of course,
But no,
I wouldn't give them here,
But I will give you a reason why I am compelled to write a poem today.


It's a simple reason,
But powerful one,
One that cannot be denied,
That cannot be undone,
One that has to be satisfied.


My darling,
My sweet love,
My Carmen Ng Wai Yin,
Yup, she requests for a poem...
She complains that my inspiration has dried,
But nay,
Darling dearest,
It will never dry,
Writing a poem expressing my love,
How I feel about you,
How you make me feel,
How you have changed my life,
Now, that's as easy as ABC.


To the love of my life,
Jer Wei

1 comment: