Saturday, November 17, 2012

The little surprise

I bet many would want to know what Jer Wei got for my birthday this year. Indeed something special, something witty, something that I like..very much. Ever since he joined surgical, he has been hell busy working. With at least 9 calls a month, I don't get to see him much, only during his off days at home and mind you, I don't even get to see him in the hospital although his ward is just below my floor. 

He has been asking me countless times what I want for my birthday..but I just keep mum. I told him I want a surprise, as usual. I told him I want to feel adored, pursued, and significant...at all times, not just during our courting days. It's kinda difficult for him to give me a surprise, without me knowing, as he is always busy and when he is free, I am often there with him..LOL..

It was 15th morning. I woke up early, wanted to continue my formulary editing work that I have abandoned for a few days. As I flipped open my laptop, I saw a piece of blue coloured card (numbered 4) on my keypad. This is what it was written: 

(#4) Happy Birthday (*written in 3 different coloured pens*)

Like the colours of the pens 
Yes, they are three colours 
But, three very different colours
That is how life is due to a single blessing
Of course not counting in Jesus!!!

But you, oh yes, you :- Ng Wai Yin
You have been a super blessing
In my life, for that one blessing 
Which is you...it is already
A life well spent

p/s: I know you expected a card and yes, I am still making a card, but recall the very first time I made you a card, it signifies the beginning of something special. All I am saying is..when I make a card..it must only be for SPECIAL REASONS...

Jer Wei
2012


So that was my first surprise that day. JW told me there were a few more hidden around the house. He hinted to me the total number of cards is the number of creation. So, heck I was finding for the cards all around the house. Card #2 was lying on the bookshelves, #1 in the living room, #3 on the toaster in the kitchen. 

(#1) Happy Birthday

Second birthday
Me and you
Wondering about which gift to give
What surprises to give
Again, my dull mind thinks of a card

A card...
Hmmm, you know, my cards, the cards that I make
This is my best way of showing you love
My love for you

I remember the first card I made
Not for you, but for my dad
I remember fully that it was 'my way' of showing love
And since then, that has been my way

So here it is again, my birthday card to you...

Jer Wei 2012


(#2) Happy Birthday 

I LOVE YOU
Have always
Since when? I do not know, I can't remember
But as far as I can I knew, I know, I LOVE YOU
You truly are my world
Black and white into rainbows
Shadows into the sunlight

I LOVE YOU
You mean the world to me
I want you to be sure of it
I need you to know...
You are my blessed baby girl

But all I want to say is this, 
Be HAPPY...

Jer Wei 2012


(#3) Happy Birthday 

Blink of an eye
A flash of lightning
The whispers of the wind
Here we are again

It's your birthday
I was thinking real hard
But the end of this
I would give you a creation of my hands

Anyone can buy you a gift
But not anyone could make you a card
Not anyone  would put in the effort
So yeah, I need you to know
This is my love language 
I LOVE YOU

Jer Wei 2012

the cards
Although they were just plain cards with minimal artwork (simple cut and paste), they were made with love, much thought, and effort. JW told me despite being very busy in Sandakan (he was away for work days before my birthday), he managed to get some stationery and made the cards at night while in Sandakan. Hmm, Which girl would not feel adored, pursued, and significant with such surprise? Whee, I am blessed!!

P/S: JW brought me to Giant after my surprise birthday luncheon to pick my birthday pressie. He lead me to the bicycle section and asked me to choose 2 bikes (owh, he just don't know where else to get bicycles in Tawau)...so we could cycle around. Looking at the bicycles, I immediately declined his offer...this is just too odd!! LOL

Btw, I am getting my 'real' pressie soon. JW told me it is waiting for its master to pick up from Sunway. I just hope it's not another bicycle!! LOL

to the one who planned the surprises..I love you.

xoxo,
Carmen

 





No comments:

Post a Comment