Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Be taken for granted.

As I lay my head to sleep, 
One thing stays in mind, 
Another brings me back to her, 
And one more makes me long. 

It's been some time since we've met, 
And separation has always been tough, 
It still is, 
For I hate to be apart, 
I dislike being far, 
It discomforts me to not have her near. 
I miss her, I miss her so, I find myself wondering about her, 
Imagining her sound asleep, 
Watching her take her breaths, 
Listening, 
Calm and soothing, peace. 
It baffles me still, 
How she catches my attention, 
How she captivates my soul, 
How she enrich my life, 
A mystery in the midst, 
In the midst of our relationship. 

Now, if I'm north, she's south, I'm east, she's west, 
How two very different people can blend and live together, 
That's something isn't it? 
Oh, she baffles me so, 
Surely she deserves better, 
And surely I'm a compromise, 
But because I know she deserves better, 
And that I'm a compromise, I will be better, 
and I shan't let her compromise, 
Be taken for granted! 

 Jer Wei

No comments:

Post a Comment