Monday, February 17, 2014

How is married life?



When people ask me how are things, how is married life, I always tell them, 'Great! Wonderful', and like the slogan of McD's, I'm loving it!!! They would then say, 'Of course, it's always wonderful in the beginning, you are still in honeymoon mood'.

They say that, after a while relationships grows cold,
They say that, soon honeymoon will be over,
They say, enjoy it while It lasts,
They say, all good things must come to an end.


Later, when the honeymoon period is over,
You come back to the ground,
You face reality again,
They make reality so hard to bear,
Like reality is a chore. 

I have come to agree with them, today I realize I believe what they say, there is indeed a honeymoon period, and that's superb and terrific, but it does end, it does come to a halt. Honeymoon period is like the sky, what goes up must come down. Honeymoon.

Though I agree with them here, I disagree with their notion of reality. 

I have learnt that, I love her darling soul more and more,
I have learnt that, relationships are dynamic,
I have learnt that, I am still very much in love,
I have learnt that, though dreamy honeymoon is over, 
Reality to different persons means different things.

Reality to me is this,
That I have one God, the Father,
One Lord, Jesus,
And one spirit, the Holy Spirit,
And they live in harmony with each other,
That they are in agreement with each other,
That they are distinct and yet, 
They are One.

Sorry, I've diverted a little, where was I? Yes, honeymoon is over and reality sets in. And yes, this is essential.

I have recently learnt this new truth, and I was challenged left, right and center regarding the triunity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. So I did a little research, yet intelligence and logic doesn't really apply here, God cannot be put in a box. As I looked, I saw the beauty of the triune God, I saw the wonderful relationship of the three of them, I saw that they are all God, that there is a distinct difference between the three and yet, in the perfect same image. I then understood in my spirit, as scales fell from my eyes, they are One, as The Moses said to his people, Hear O Israel, The Lord God, He is one! 

Hence, learning about this triune God, 
Reality to me is the greatest vision that I could ever have,
Learning from my Jesus.....

I am learning to love my Carmen,
More than ever,
Much more that ever.

Learning to love Wai Yin,
Always with patience,
Always with agape love.

To love my baby girl,
Better than yesterday,
Yes, always better than the past.

So, how is married life?
It's getting better and better my friends,
Getting out of control,
But always in a good way,
Always in all aspects,
More positive, more godly,
It is.....better than the honeymoon period,
It is reality!


Sincerely,
Jer Wei


PS: Seeing the unity of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, somehow made me love my wife more.


No comments:

Post a Comment